Find the practice that’s right for you and negotiate your contract like a pro
As you finish your training and begin looking for your first practice, finding the right job is your opportunity to start creating the life of your dreams. Starting Your Practice Right will show you what to look for in a practice, how to evaluate the critical details, and how to pick one that’s right for you. You’ll also learn how to negotiate a work and time-off balance so you can prevent burnout and have time for fun, family, and friends.
This book is about more than the money but how you choose to allocate your money early in your career directly impacts your future wealth and the age at which you can retire. Too many doctors are carrying perpetual debt and giving a large chunk of each paycheck to the bank.
Begin your career with a plan for tackling the big stuff. This book maps the critical paths, and shows you how to:
– Find the type of practice that suits you, in the right location
– Negotiate your contract to get the pay and time off you deserve
– Become the kind of doctor you want to be, with the right reputation
– Pay off student loan debt easier than you thought possible
– Protect your assets with the right insurance
– Plan for retirement and understand the cost of procrastinating
– Find the right financial and life balance for you and your family